Keg# – innovative storage solution for beverages
Posted on 18. February 2012
KegBox or Keg# is a new type of keg, which replaces the traditional barrel kegs, that are bulky, heavy and impractical. Keg# is made in collaboration with designer Maja Thorning Kristensen.
- The volume of Keg# is 25 liters as a traditional keg and equivalent to 2 ½ crate of beer.
- The coupling nozzle can be replaced and used for various manufacturers.
- Keg# connects in series and thereby makes it easier to replace and handle empty containers.
- Keg# Weighs and takes up less space than traditional kegs which are made of stainless steel.
- Keg# has wheels and is easier to handle.
- Keg# has a built-in force-sensitive resistor indicating the residual contents of the keg. This feature makes it easier to settle for the client in a situation where the keg is rented. The integrated sensor is solar-powered.
- The aluminum container can be remelted and reused at infinity.